Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Shake the Sugar Tree: Getting it "Just Right"

As a slave and with the desire to serve your Master, you may tend to be a perfectionist at heart and need to be sure that everything is perfect at all times.  You get accomplishment from knowing that everything is “just right” for your Master and anyone visiting His home.

I find myself in that position a lot.  I want everything organized for my Master and for things to flow properly for Him.  Mostly because I know He has this expectation of me but it also gives Him solace to know that I will handle things in a way that He would anticipate in any given situation.  However, at times I find that I am in such a rush to do these things for Him that I cause a stress on myself or I will not take time to sit quietly with Him and enjoy His presence.  In my eagerness to serve Him, I may miss opportunities to know Him.

Anyone that reads my Master’s blog knows that He enjoys His back porch – very muches!  Most evenings He will head out to His sanctuary with His glass of scotch, cigar, and writing material to enjoy a late afternoon of relaxation.  It never fails on His way out the door He will encourage us to join Him for chat or reading.  And it never fails that I have the yearning to follow Him out the door to enjoy that time with Him.  But I always limit myself to those visits due to me knowing that I should use that time wisely to catch up on my To Do list or “me time” responsibilities – ie family phone calls, facials, nail polishing, hair washing, etc.  And to be honest some days it can seem like the request can be just one more thing added to my list of things needing to do.  Master always tells me during these moments that those should be the times I put everything down and come out to be with Him.

Although we all have busy lives and many responsibilities that continually crowd our time, our job is not to allow those things to become the central issues in our lives. In order to achieve balance we have to make sure that our Master stays in the center of our world and everything else revolves around Him.
When Master calls or suggests for me to come sit at His feet (with Him on the back porch), I should not view this as one more thing to try and cram into my already busy night.  Instead, I need to understand that time with my Master is that “one thing that is needed.”  The key to every slave’s success and peace is that you only do what your Master asks you to do.  In doing that you will find the balanced life within your serving.

Shake the sugar tree and ask yourself – in your enthusiasm to serve your Master, do you miss out on getting to know him?

No comments:

Post a Comment