Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happiness

Have you ever noticed how when things start going wrong, it seems like nothing can go right? And, when things are great, they just seem to get better and better? I have noticed this in my life. I have come to believe that my mind and heart are like a radio station, constantly broadcasting my current mood and desires. I believe that what I am broadcasting acts like a tractor beam, bringing more of it into my life. If I'm broadcasting happy, I get more happy. If I'm broadcasting despair, I get more despair.

Also, I have come to believe in the healing power of happy. I have noticed that no matter how tough my situation gets, a little laughter seems to take away the edge of the pain. Very often, if I can just laugh about anything, my problem shrinks in size. It doesn't go away, but I feel much stronger and more prepared to deal with it. The trick, I have found, is to know what to do to make me laugh and feel happy. Master and I normally do really well at making sure that we have tons of laughter in our relationship. Always remembering what works today might not work tomorrow, or it might not available tomorrow. I have developed a list of things so that if one doesn't work, another one will. Having more than one thing on my happy list gives me options and lets me feel comfortable that I can find something that will work each time. I try to not spend much time sorting out the feelings in my life beyond saying "I feel good" or "I don't feel good." I lump together all of the happy feelings into "I feel good" and all of the unhappy feelings into "I don't feel good." It also keeps my brain from going into overdrive while trying to figure out what caused this feeling. It helps me to just accept that I'm feeling good or not good, and move forward from there.

For myself, I have found great value in the times when I'm not happy. They are times that are full of self discovery and new information. I have also obtained a lot of lessons learned from this information. But when I'm weary of it, when I'm feeling ready to move on, I turn to my Happy List. This happy list is also ways to forgive when it is needed in order to not only do what is right but also to help me keep my happy outlook on things.

I have rambled on here... smiles! My thoughts for today.

-zecrets

No comments:

Post a Comment