Sunday, February 26, 2012

Poems: You’ve Got me

You’ve Got me

Turn around and see me
Letting my eyes linger over every part of You.
See the way You make me weak whenever You are near.
You will know that You’ve got me under a spell
That no amount of good sense or wisdom
Can seem to break.

I’m living my life, a life I once considered
Good enough, happy enough…
But now all I can feel is my need for You,
The need to be with You… to let You know
That You have me,
My heart beats only for You.

And with the ache of all this wanting,
All I can think of are the questions….
If only You knew, could we discover
The ecstasy that lovers often talk of
Though few ever feel?
If only You knew, would You love me too?

The secret is out, let the world know
How I once feel for a bright spot in the sky,
The one gem in a world to filled with ordinary objects.
I can’t go back to ordinary, not after this.
A part of me will always want a part of You…
Will always try to grab a hold of a light
Shining through darkness.

Turn around to see my eyes linger over You,
And You will see the truth and beauty
Of the way I care.
Just look at me and You will know
You’ve got me.

~zecrets - 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment