Sunday, October 7, 2012

Shaking the Sugar Tree: Nurturing Ourselves…

The summer has been so busy with family matters and trips that my butterfly garden has gone untouched – a lot!  I love it and think it is so beautiful and feel the need to show it off proudly to everyone.  However, in its current state I am a bit embarrassed to show it and feel guilty on my lack of caring.  It is a less than outstanding example of love and attention and a wonderful reminder that "we reap what we sow".


It's so cliché but it's the perfect metaphor (so cliché I almost didn't send this)...

If you are a Master to someone, you're the Gardener. You plant the seeds (selecting and accepting submission), care for them (give them attention and help them develop), and keep the weeds out (minimize obstacles and bad people ... when did you last ask your submissive what might be in their way of serving you better?).

Do it well and you'll maximize your chances for better results and more enjoyable days for everyone. Approach it half-heartedly (like a gomo – someone who goes through the motions) and you'll have something similar to what I grew this summer.

If you don't have a submissive or if you are a submissive, think of yourself as that garden. Ask yourself, "What am I growing? Am I planting the right seeds in my mind (and body)? Am I taking responsibility for my personal development? Am I keeping the weeds out (bad thoughts, bad ideas, bad people)?" If not ... start.

Dominant or submissive ... Remember, in most cases, we reap what we sow.

~zecrets

No comments:

Post a Comment