Sunday, July 15, 2012

Shake the Sugar Tree: Soft Skills


Soft skills are really the hard skills… how few of us have them mastered (ha! at my pun on words there).  Most of the time you hear this term used in the work environment and we do not think to turn it towards our personal life.  Each of us could benefit on a brush up on how to implement them into serving our Masters.
“Soft skills” is a term relating to a collection of personal, positive attributes and competencies that enhance your relationships, job performance, and value to the market.
Soft skills include your ability to listen well, communicate effectively, be positive, handle conflict, accept responsibility, show respect, build trust, work well with others, manage time effectively, accept criticism, work under pressure, be likable, and demonstrate good manners.

In reviewing the above, I cannot see one item listed that would not benefit me in serving and taking care of my Master.  I would love the claim to fame of saying that I have perfected each and every one of those listed.  But I have not and it is a daily “work in progress” for me to stay conscious of them and try to use my soft skills as much as possible.

When I think of what gets in the way of being able to have my own personal “claim to fame” it comes down to attitude towards what I am being tasked or asked to do.  Trust me, I agree 110% that things are easier to put on paper then put into action.  Imagine if you could be described as someone who works hard to take care of your Master and family and as someone who's...



·       Attentive  ·         Approachable  ·         Humble  ·         Kind  ·         Encouraging  ·         Resourceful  ·         Resilient  ·         Objective


How do you think that would impact your serving and mindset towards serving? How do you think that would impact your Master’s view of you?

When you’re ready to push things and go beyond the common level of meeting expectations (and stop with the status quo), you might find a deeper relationship between you and your Master… smiles!

(This is a great journal prompt for self discovery)

2 comments:

  1. This is a great subject! I try to work on the things you mention. Every day. And the real kicker is that my lover is not dominant, or at least, not overtly. Still, for me, the journey of submission makes me a better partner, and a happier one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiles... thank you! The journey of finding one's self is key to being a great submissive to your One. Taking the time to learn yourself and bettering yourself in the areas that you feel needed is a compliment and a plus for your future Dominant. Yes they may change some things to fit their needs but the liklihood of it being a lot is very slim.

    Best of luck on your journey and I hope that you use my writings and share your thoughts to help you along the way!

    Have an awesome Monday!

    ReplyDelete